Coconut Grove, Florida
The cost of a moderate to severe car crash, particularly one which occurs in Coconut Grove, Miami’s oldest inhabited city, can be staggering. Even a minor incident can cost tens of thousands of dollars in property damage, lost time at work, and medical bills. Whether you have insurance or not, you may be forced to empty your pockets simply because another person was too careless or reckless to give you the space and attention needed to safely navigate the road. Thankfully, our legal system allows injured victims to seek financial compensation for medical bills, pain and suffering, property damage, and much more after an accident. To find out more, call the Coconut Grove car accident attorneys of Joseph Lipsky for experienced and compassionate legal representation about your accident.Traffic Gets More Dangerous Every Year
It seems that traffic gets backed up more and more these days, and the number of near misses we have on our daily commutes increases by the season. There is data to support this general feeling that many Floridians have. Your chances of being involved in a Coconut Grove traffic collision are, in fact, increasing by the year. Because vehicles are continuing to get larger and road speeds are increasing, the likelihood of being seriously injured or even killed is also increasing. In fact, the trend has gone as follows: In 2014 there were 2,501 traffic fatalities in Florida. In 2015 there were 2,955 traffic fatalities, and in 2016 there were 3,037, which is a 21% increase from 2014 to 2016.
Below are some of the reasons that traffic is becoming more of a safety issue than a nuisance:
- The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety reports that 33,000 more Americans died over two decades because of increased road speeds;
- New cars have increased in size by one square foot (or 2%) from 2008 to 2015;
- Lower gas prices leads to more traffic on the roads by increasing leisure and non-essential driving, while decreasing use of public transportation, walking, bike riding, and carpooling;
- Rising economy increases traffic because Americans are buying more products and driving to get there;
- More Americans have multiple jobs now than ever before due to low wages and rising cost of living/health care;
- The majority of Americans admit to using their cell phones behind the wheel on a frequent basis.
There are many factors that lead to a car crash, but in almost every case, someone was not paying enough attention. Regardless of anyone’s excuses, the truth remains that someone caused your injuries due to negligence, and they should be held financially responsible. We will hold those individuals accountable, whether they were on their phone, fell asleep at the wheel, were driving while intoxicated, or simply had their eyes on the radio dial instead of on the road where they should have been. If you were injured while driving in a car, on a bike, a motorcycle, or walking across the street as a pedestrian, call the Coconut Grove law offices of Joseph I. Lipsky today at 305-821-7333.